Monday, July 18, 2011

IDSC for Life

Hop on over to my sister's blog, and have a look at the necklace she created for the IDSC (International Down Syndrome Coalition) for Life.  It's a necklace to help raise awareness.  As it turns out, 90% of babies diagnosed with DS prenatally are terminated.  It's a very sad number.  The IDSC has a mission.  They want people to know that ALL life is precious.  It is also a support system for those that chose to end their pregnancy, to educate and heal,  not condemn, which I believe will change more people's minds (and lives) than anything else.  Down Syndrome is just a diagnosis, it is not the whole person.  There is no doubt in my mind that my niece Ollie will live a happy, purposeful life.  It may not be the same typical route I was on, but she will accomplish,  grow, and prove to everyone that she is just as worthy of this life as each and every one of us. 

Congratulations again to my sister for having her design picked.  I couldn't be more proud!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails