Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Older

I am not exactly sure when I got old.  But it has happened.  It's subtle things.  Zac and I have both noticed it.  The other day Zac and I went to church and then out to lunch at a mexican joint. They had a lunch buffet so we did that.  Shortly after we ate, we both decided we felt gross and we were not gonna do that again anytime soon.  Zac can't eat dairy late at night unless he wants to be up sick to his stomach in the middle of the night.   So there goes 9pm Dairy Queen treats.  What the!?  When did we get to the point where what we eat determines how we feel or sleep?  That's just crazy.  That happens to old people!  I am supposed to be able to eat a diet of Little Debbies and Mountain Dew and still feel awesome.  I used to be able to.  This is just ridiculous, not to mention a little disappointing.  

I went to spin class on Thursday and my butt has been sore from that bike seat for 3 days.  Three days to recover from riding a bike!  That's just sad.  I am starting to see my "bounce back" is not bouncing quite as high as it used to.  Also, I find I just can't seem to stay up late anymore without yawning a million times the next day and wanting to nap in one of my treatment rooms at work....not that I've ever done that..much.  I actually woke up on the couch at 8:30 the other night.  That means I was asleep before 8:30.  That's just wildly unreasonable.  Aside from my early bedtime, I have also started staying in simply to keep warm and be in my pj pants.   That's right, I'm now old enough to avoid the extremes of heat and cold.  I am even picking up old person interests.  In fact I spent this Friday night sewing and considered playing Bingo this afternoon with my friend Angie (who was invited by one of her old lady clients).  I am just shocked by my sharp decline into old age.  Apparently 25 is the new 85.  I think maybe I'll just embrace it.  Bust out the knitting needles, turn on Jeopardy, and hand over that crossword puzzle!
     

3 comments:

  1. It gets worse - wait until you have kids and then you'll realize how old you really are! PS - I had 2 by 25 - you need to get cracking on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats just so funny ;) love it when young people realize old age creeps up on us all! Made me laugh, Abbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well scrap Jeopardy and watch the Golden Girls!! Welcome to the team of old! We have a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails