Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rain, rain, stay away!

The weather in central IL is crazy.  There is no better word, just crazy.  It's been crazy rainy, crazy hot and crazy humid.  This week has been no exception.  I really think it's been Florida weather.  Hot hot hot then a rain.  
On Tuesday I left home and it was already hot out.  I got about halfway to work and the sky was just black and lightening and it was just 8:15.  Personally, I think all lightening and thunder should be reserved for evening hours personally, but what's a girl to do?  I had already gotten a message from my office manager, Connie, to say she'd be late because there were bad storms and she was without power, and there were a lot of downed trees. By the time I pulled into my office parking lot it was pouring and I had officially driven into the strom.  I decided to sit in my car til it died down...not like the phones are ringing of the hook that early anyway.  I sat for 15 minutes.  The wind was blowing so hard it was rocking my car.  In that short time, the rain went from heavy to flash flood and the water was up to the bottom of my rims.  I decided to back up and park right next to the door of the office and wait it out inside just incase.  By the time Connie got there, you couldn't see the yellow parking lines and this was what the lot looked like. 

Isn't that crazy!?  She told me I should go check out 1st Street and I was shocked to find this...

I actually had to take steps back after that semi went by cause it created a wake.  A freakin wake, in central Illinois.  What's amazing is that 2 hours later, all this was gone, AND the ground was dry.  It was about 90 degrees, and it was all gone.  Another hour passes, huge rains again.  This was what Tuesday was like.  I heard it pouring again shortly after Zac and I went to bed last night and I'm sure there's more to come in the forecast.  Luckily, it's bright and sunny and only about 80 degrees which is FANTASTIC!  I'm not even really dreading my run tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails