Friday, April 22, 2011

Free time

I got to take 1/2 a day off today.  Wisely, I chose my day off this month based on when I had this 1/2 to maximize my off-time.  The way I figure it, this gave me a whole lotta time to do what I want.  Then I got to thinking about what I actually do with my off-time.  A majority of the time, I'm by myself, and it's entirely up to me to entertain myself.  I always do something a little girly just to satisfy the part of me that's concerned with being pretty.   I also try to do something nice for Zac to satisfy the part of me that wants to be a good wife.  Usually this is something small, like making him cupcakes or his favorite dinner.  I occassionally will do something crafty, like sewing or painting.  So last Saturday, on my day off,  I found myself alone, with my hair deep conditoned and my nails newly painted.  I had organized my closet, changed the sheets, and done laundry.  I also mowed the yard for Zacman.  I accomplished a lot and it was only about 2.  With my compulsitory stuff outta the way I did what I really like to do in my spare time.  Prepare yourselves, it's ridiculous.  In my spare time, when I've got nothing else I feel has to be done, I turn into a total guy.  Here's an example of what I mean. 

My tonight, Friday night, alone.....I had my half day at work and got home around 1, changed clothes,  ate lunch, and watched a little t.v.  I then cleaned my whole house, like hands and knees scrubbed the floor.  It was hardcore cleaning.  Not so oddly, I like a little music while I clean, maybe a little more oddly, I prefer rap.  So me and Snoop Dogg cleaned floors, dusted, etc.  After I got done cleaning I ran to Wal-mart.  While I was there I picked up some Easter candy for Zacman and (here's where the guy transitions stars) a six-pack of beer.  Yep.  I proceed out of Wal-mart, but was distracted by the Red Box and had to stop to pick up an action flick (and I already had one picked out at home).  I got home, heated up left over pizza, poured myself a beer, and am now over half an hour into Clear and Present Danger.  Now who out there would tell me that sounds like a bad time?  That's right, no one.  I am amused, I have to admit.  I'm not sure that if we did a survey, many people would guess that a good time for a 26 year-old married gal is rap and action movies.  But it totally is for me.  Like I said, it's ridiculous, but makes me happy.  I also got to wondering, if this is what I do with my free time what's everyone out there doin?    


I feel as happy as this guy about Blue Moon and deep dish pizza! 


P.S. For those of you that may be concerned about my pizza and action flicks, have no fear cause I am totally looking forward to trying the new body wash, eye shadow and mascara I picked up at Wal-mart tonight so I'm still a girly-girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails