Thursday, April 28, 2011

Portland how I love thee!


Zac and I love a little bit of travel.  We really do.  It's one of our most favorite things.  The sad part is, we are poor.  I know, I know, people that are poor should NOT be traveling, but we do.  The catch is, we either don't go far, or we go only places where we have friends to stay with.  This is the case for our next vacation.  We leave next Wednesday and get to stay in Portland until Sunday. Zac's best friend from undergrad is there and my best friend from chiropractic school is there.  Also, one of my very best friends lives in California, so she came up too.   This all works out in our favor and, in fact, makes for a really nice vacation spot if I do say so myself.  We went there last year for my 25th birthday, which you can read more about here, and in the few posts before and after it.

We had a blast last year.  I often laughed til i cried....which I like to do.  Chris, Lauren and Zac are three of the funniest people I know.  Carrie and Ernie (Zac's pals) are also hilarious and if Zac hadn't gotten to them first, I would have picked them for friends myself.  Over the course of our few days there we had many an adventure.  We started with Chris, Lauren, Zac and I taking a merry little jaunt in the woods.  

Chris' parents lived like 1/4 mile from a beautiful state park....lucky ducks.


Lauren and I loved it!


The next day we met Zac, Carrie, and Ernie at the market and got some great food from a whole heck of a lot of cart vendors.  Zac still talks about the perogis he got there. 


Isn't my husband a handsome man?


For those of you that know Zac personally, you won't be shocked to hear that after the market he was hungry and we headed for some oysters with Carrie and Erndog.


After a bit more wandering, I stopped and got my tatoo. 
(A reminder from my little sister's favorite verse to "walk by faith, not by sight")

The next day Ernie hauled Zac and I to Cannon Beach.  I gotta admit, the coast is absolutely beautiful.


The Zacman and his burly beard.


Zac hunting starfish for me cause I just had to know what it felt like.  This is a smile of his that lets me know he may just throw a starfish at me to see me yell and about fall off a rock.


So that's just a little bit of what I've got to look forward to.  I can't wait.  I am excited to get away from it all for a bit.  To not worry about the three presentations I've got in the two weeks after we get back.  To not worry about what the heck I'm gonna talk about for 20 minutes when I do a local radio show (that's right, they want me on the radio, it may get crazy).  To not have to sand or paint or stain furniture.  To not do laundry, or pay bills, or scrub toilets.  I will miss my family and the kiddos.  It seems like I miss them sooner and sooner anymore.  But that's ok, cause I'll have Zacman to hug on.  Until next Wednesday, lets all pray for unseasonably warm and dry weather in Portland!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails