Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Construction!

In case you have been wondering, "what happened to Abbie?  she was posting so regularly..."  fear not, I am still here.  The last 2 weeks have been a blur of office remodeling and late pregnancy waddling.  I've been repeatedly attempting to work Clifford out of my uterus, to no avail.  I have however, accomplished a lot...

You all got a look at demo day at my office.  (You also got a feel for just how hormonal I've been...but that's neither here nor there.)  I rallied the troops a week later to start the construction part of the office re-do.  The brothers showed up and so did Uncle Doug.  The men each had their own projects.  Zac set to work on the front desk. 


Isn't he a cute builder?  And yes, he is wearing his bandana, so you know it's on.  



As he worked on the front desk, the other men installed the stubby support walls and the wall that divides my big spaces into adjusting bays.  



As the walls went up, Kylie cut and hung drywall.


Once the walls were up, we made them even more sturdy by capping them with big thick boards.  

Uncle Doug had his "precision focus' on, as you can see by his moderate scowl. 


Construction is serious business.  
These are men with plans I tell ya.  
You sometimes need to stop, confer with your co-builders, and make sure you have at least as many drills as men on the job. 


By early afternoon, the office was looking how it has looked in my mind for months. 


Jade and Dad set to mudding the new drywall.


I was thrilled. 


My office is looking so office-y.  


And my front desk area was all laid out.  
Everything was going great until Dad got the call that cows were out and my crew left quick, fast, and in a hurry.  Luckily no speeding tickets were issued on the flying trip home, the cattle were quickly wrangled, and Zac got to stay behind with me to clean up a bit.  


Over the next couple of evenings Zac, Dad, and I made it back to the office to sand and mud.  On Wednesday we finished everything with knock-down texture.  


In exactly 10 days we managed to finish all the major construction and drywalling for my office.  Words can't even explain how thrilled I am....or how filthy the office was.  Really, drywall dust is unbelievable in it's ability to infiltrate every nook and cranny in a place and make every tiny nose hair look like a creepy spiderweb living in your face.  Enjoy that visual.... 

All the progress set the agenda for the next few days, which will be coming up in the next few posts.  
I am so happy with the way the office coming along.  I swear, I am the luckiest girl to have the family that I have.  As impatient and ramy as I am, it is a blessing that I can always count on them to show up and whip out exactly what I need in short order.  I know one thing for sure, I love my crew!


And you will all be happy to know, since Dad is the boss whenever he is on the scene, no questions asked,  I didn't have to have any estrogen-fueled rage fits at Zac as I tried to impose my will upon him. With nary an f-bomb dropped, Zac and I worked in harmony :)


2 comments:

  1. You seriously crack me up! Thanks for the laugh! And for the record I DID envision spider webs in my nose.....dang you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails