Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Astro the chihuahua

In June (I think) I got a request from the niece of a client.  You may remember, I painted Jenny's dog for her.  Rachel saw the painting and immediately thought of her best friend.  

Her best friend had a very beloved chihuahua named Astro. 
As you can see from this picture, Astro was pretty freaking adorable.
How do you not love a dog in costume?!


Unfortunately, little Astro had past away, but Rachel thought her friend would love a painting to help memorialize her pet.  I can't turn down a request like that.  Just can't do it.  


I sent a couple emails regarding preferences, but was pretty much given carte blanche to do whatever I wanted.  The only thing I had to remember was that Astro's favorite collar was brown leather with silver cirlces.  This is what I came up with.


He looks just like Astro.  
Rachel loved it.
Can't ask for more than that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails