Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Coming right along

The office is really starting to get there.  On Sunday I had Zac and Dad rearrange the tables into their bays.  This is one of the adjusting bays.  The bays are pretty simple.  Just a table and a little hook for my patients to hang up their purses/coats.  I just gotta hang the hooks...after I buy them.
And vacuum the bays, after I get a vacuum...


This is a table that was given to me by a friend.  It was incredibly generous of her.  It's not new, it's not beautiful, but it is perfect for what I need and I know my patients don't care if the foot piece is a different color.  Besides, a neutral and red is quite chic.  Shut up.  It is.  

 I have ordered a new table that will go in the other bay.  It won't be here for a cool month.  That's how table companies roll. 


I also have the start of the therapy bay.  It is completely covered in tools and things that need to make their way out of the office.  I still need a fridge, and a hot pack warmer, but I am dragging my feet placing the order for all of it.  I am VERY aware of where my start up costs are at...and even though I haven't even hit 50% of what I estimated yet, that table I ordered is expensive.   And an x-ray unit...holy big bill.  But, I will use them.  It's just, really, I hate the thought of the extra debt, so I've been putting off the expensive stuff.  It makes no real sense...but it is the case.  


My front desk is really becoming a front desk.  
I had Zac put up a lower shelf so there is a more comfortable height for writing and setting down purses.  I had to have my Aunt Jackie be the judge of where it would go.  I need the opinion of a short person.   Zac and I don't fit that bill.

Oh my goodness...I just realized how grey the office still looks.
It won't always.
I promise.
For now it's just, "Hello! Welcome to my office.  I have a great personality, isn't it obvious."


I also moved in my waiting room chairs.  Aren't they fab?  I love that they are so bright and fun.  I have some more furniture to move in, display and decorate.  Plus I need to replace the blinds and hang curtains but I haven't found the right fabric yet.  I saw the right fabric...in a strangers studio.  I love it, but have no idea where to find it.  
I dig it.  It could be perfect.  


Do you have it?  If you have the right fabric, you better hand it over!


Behind my front desk is really where things start to look official.  Zac came and hooked up the computer.  Well, he started it.  There is still lots to be done and we are waiting on my laptop to be shipped.  But, I got to do a little bit of the fun stuff and put out office supplies.  I will have one station that runs the computer.  

And the other side of the "L" will have plenty of space for paperwork.  


Tucked behind the desk is the printer.  See the water shut-off's, they will be hidden by the printer cart I built.  I took pictures of the cart building process, so you will all be pumped for that cart to be in place I'm sure!


I also did just a little bit of work on my "private" office.
Somehow I got super lucky and found these 2 blue chairs, that are very similar to my waiting room chairs, at a thrift store about 20 minutes from Shelbyville.  The best part, they were 50% off...making them $4 a piece.  You can't beat that!
I gave them a good scrub, but they could use another.  I figured I would wait until my Cliffbelly is out of the way before I attempt it again. 


The desk is now in place too.  
I have a big cabinet from my uncle that will go behind my desk to store all of the reference books I have.  It needs a little TLC first.  I also have plans for that little white chair you barely see in the corner of the picture.  It is from my house....and was living at the office because I needed it out of the way, but I've thought about it, and decided it will be tucked into the corner, sort of behind the door, so that way I have a place to feed Cliff, or pump in peace.  Crazy that I have to consider those things now...


All in all, I'm feeling really good about where the office is at.  I can picture in my mind how it can and will look finished.  It's a little intimidating because I know I have a ways to go, but I also know how to get there, and that's what is important.  

Here's to the office!  Cliff is gonna learn to love it there!  He will make a great Chiropractor :)



7 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie-your fabric is Waverly Pom Pom Play. Fabric.com has it! Good luck on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh anonymous...i wish you weren't anonymous so i could kiss you on the face for this! "ask and you shall receive" exactly the info you need for new curtains! thanks!

      Delete
  2. Awesome. There ya go!! I'll help clean. I will also help hold Cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site also as fun fabics... Love the one you like and the office is coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.calicocorners.com/category/designer+fabrics+for+the+home.do

      thought the link might help...duh....

      Delete
  4. I spy super fab office chairs! They are seriously so perfect! You are gonna have to whip up some funky paintings to hang in there too....you know in all the spare time you are gonna have when you have a brand new baby. (well maybe, unless he just keeps cooking)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog! So inspiring, really. Love these photo.online beds company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails