Saturday, January 30, 2010

I see London....

Zac and I arrived in London the next morning…or afternoon (6 hours ahead)…safe and sound.  The next adventure was finding our hotel.  Quick travel trip, always get directions from the airport/train station to your hotel before you have to find it.  Zac and I had no real idea where we were going, at all.  Notice the not so happy expression.  Maps were our best friends.

We got lost for awhile in the airport.  We rode so many escalators I lost count and got a little vertigo.  This is what they looked like, super steep!
We finally found our hotel with the help of a friendly bobby (police officer, that's right, they actually call them bobbys).  We took a nap then decided to go exploring.  First stop, the pub for fish and chips and a pint. (you may have noticed this is not my wedding ring, I left it at home just in case)


After dinner we decided to go see some of what we came for.  Some wandering and metro stops later we  galavanted right up to Buckingham Palace.  
My best friend let me borrow her camcorder, so I have video of our entire trip.  It was a blessing.  I couldn't believe some of what I saw there, but pictures don't do much justice.  Not that bad videography does, but you can capture so much that I didn't photograph.  Here's me doing what I did for so much of my trip, filming.


Buckingham palace was amazing.  Not quite as grand as I thought it would be. Personally, I would rather have a giant grassy front yard as opposed to concrete, but anyway....
Zac and I were very impressed by the giant statue/monument right across from the palace.  I'm not a history buff, so I don't know what it was called or why it matters, I just know it's beautiful, which you may notice is a trend for me.  I don't know what it's called, I just know I like it :)


This entire thing was surrounded by other sculptures, giant sculputures.  To put this into perspective


This is the foot of one of the side sculptures, not even the main piece in the center.  I got to laughing at this pose.  I'm the one usually making stinky feet faces at Zac!  We were exhausted after this so we headed back to the room to pass out and get prepped for another big day exploring London!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails